Thursday, April 18, 2013

Failing the Balancing Act

I've been feeling like my life is out of control chaos lately. I feel the balance scales of my life are completely lopsided. Instead of trying to get things to balance out I've been wasting time on the usual things...Facebook, Pinterest, Hulu, Netflix, and who knows what else!

The other day I noticed my 3-year-old son, Little Man, singing--imperfectly--along with a song on some show that he was probably watching for the umpteenth time. Tears started to slip out of my eyes as I realized that I was letting these precious moments slip by. How did I make these "other" things more important than my son?! I have decided to get my life back in balance.

There have been so many blessings in my life, both big and small, and they have all kneaded and molded me into who I am and who I choose to be. I want to be that person who finds the ups in the downs and keeps my optimism optimistic.

Goodbye to time wasters! Hello to recognizing and appreciating all the blessings in my ordinary life!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I like this quote by Elder Uchtdorf ... "Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?" It's a good question to ask ourselves regularly, I think.

    ReplyDelete